As with the tradition on this side of the world, 2017 was ushered in with lots of fireworks. I’m still undecided as to whether I like fireworks or not but the fireworks have given me a theme for today. The more I think of fireworks, the more I think of the spark that ignites them… Like those loud, attention grabbing and beautiful displays, permit me to ignite a spark in you for 2017. With a spark, you are sure to grab attention and become a beautiful display too. Grab your pen and let me explain what it means to SPARK…
- S – Set your goal – Without a goal, there is no destination to aim for and the year will be wasted. With a goal, you have clear focus and you stand the chance of making 2017 count
- P – Put a plan in place. To get to the top of any staircase, you need to navigate the steps. Many crumble at this stage because the goal seems so far-fetched. Spend time to break down the goal and write out a step-by-step plan to achieve it.
- A – Adjust your attitude. With the right attitude, success is inevitable. Start thinking right, speaking right and taking the actions you know to be right and your goals will come to fruition.
- R – Review consistently. Don’t be set on a plan that isn’t working. For instance if you made a plan to read at 11pm every evening and you keep sleeping off, try changing the reading time to an earlier time in the day. This will put a spring in your step and bring you closer to achieving your goals
- K- Keep a gratitude journal. There is something uplifting about the daily practice of gratitude. I start out my days, thankful for something the previous day. It makes me positive that today also will be great.
I am cheering you on to a SPARK-filled 2017. Make it the best year yet!