Zero in on what works
Think back to a time you achieved something ‘mega’ – it could even be as far as when you were in secondary school… Now ask yourself ‘how did I achieve that?’ Okay I’m laughing again because one of the successful times in my life was when I was in secondary school; I was always top of my class. I remember doing this exercise – trying to debug my brains of the many things that made me successful. I was shocked to realise that I was always successful when I didn’t procrastinate. Being in boarding school and being free of the distractions of Television and my siblings wanting to chat with me gave way to singular focus. Even now when I want to build a system in my life or achieve a big goal, I default back to the simple rule of not procrastinating.
So dear, what is your big tried & tested strength? Is it time to leverage that strength? If you can’t think of anything, perhaps it’s time to do the exercise below:
- Ask those closest to you to tell you what your unique strengths are? Could it be your organisational ability, your warmth, your smile? Just list them.
- Next, write down the key skills you believe you need to develop in order to move on to the next level in your life & business?
- Write out how you can fix the skill deficiency in 2 and commit to starting that process NOW!
Someone once said 1 minute of preparation will save 4 minutes of execution. You will be surprised just how efficient your life will turn out to be when you –
- Question your processes
- Understand your unique strengths
- Imitate those who are already where you are and
- Zero and multiply the things that work for you and you will have more successes!